Join the BBFCC
International Team Rules
Show Venue and Dates
Contact the BBFCC
BRITISH BORDER F. C. C .Club Show at Fleetwood will go head under License
from D.E.F.R.A. on SAT 19th & SUN 20th November
Bio Security will be in place.
note that no sales or exchange of birds will be permitted under this
As part of gaining the DEFRA license
a contingency plan was required. This is shown below for information or use by
any other club wishing to apply for a license.
BORDER FANCY CANARY CLUB
THE EVENT OF HEALTH OR VIRUS OUTBREAK.
- Contact to be made at once to our on call vet Mr. David Wadsworth Tel.
- In the event of a suspected avian influenza
outbreak, contact is to be made immediately to Animal Health Divisional
Office, Barton Hall, Garstang Road, Broughton, Preston PR3 5HE Tel.
01772 861144 giving the following contact numbers for them to ring back:
Marine Hall 01253 771141. or R S Norman Mobile 07971442021.
- In the event of a bird dying during the show, this
to be contained and double bagged and sealed. This then to be removed for
incineration. Also any sick bird to be removed from the hall and placed in a
- In the event of a disease investigation, No Bird,
Exhibitor or visitors to leave the hall with out permission of the Animal
Health Divisional Officer. Extra seed and water to be available in the event
of a time delay in closing the show.
- The Show Manager, or a designated person, is to have
a visual check of each bird on arrival, and to be vigilant at all times.
and Bio security in place at all times.
Birds must be returned to the premises of origin.
- A Visitors Book will be on door for Name, Address
and contact Telephone Number. This
must be completed by ALL visitors.
- Notices to put up in the Hall, asking exhibitors and
visitors to report any ill or suspect bird.
- No sales or exchange of birds will be allowed on the
premises or in the car parks.
- All exhibitors, on return of their cage labels, will
be sent a copy of the Bio Security Guidelines, and reminder of the ‘no
sales of Birds policy’.
R. S. Norman, Show Secretary.